Sunday 20 May 2012

The Most Simple Banana Bread


Banana bread is probably one of my all time favourite things to bake! It's quick, simple and delicious! And I always manage to keep the ingredients on hand. Here is the simple recipe I use. Oh, also note that I freeze my un-used bananas. When they are going brown in the fruit bowl and beyond the point where you would eat them, I pop them in the freezer and then defrost them whenever I please for this recipe!

Simple Banana Bread:
1 cup self raising flower
2 bananas (fresh or frozen - but thawed)
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
pinch of salt
2 tablespoons golden syrup

Directions: mash the bananas in a medium bowl and add the golden syrup, then add the sugar and mix in. Add egg and flour and pinch of salt and lightly mix until combined. Pour into a loaf pan (greased with butter) and cook for 30 minutes at approx 180 degrees for 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.

So simple and moist and delicious! and I often use gluten free self raising flour to try and make it lighter on the stomach :)

No comments:

Post a Comment