Saturday 19 May 2012

Pomegranate

So, I am extremely embarrassed to admit this, but until a few days ago I had never tasted pomegranate! My housemate recently bought a chocolate cheesecake and it was smattered with these beautiful little pomegranate seeds. They just burst in your mouth and have a lovely tart flavour about them. The huge downside I have now figured out, is that they are terribly hard to eat (messy, staining and the seeds are so hard to get away from the pith-like stuff). However, as I have been procrastinating over study I've googled some simpler techniques to remove the seeds and it seems that holding the fruit under water as you remove the seeds seems like the easiest way. I am definitely trying this technique out tomorrow morning as i have a beautiful fruit salad planned, which will have pomegranate, banana, kiwi fruit, apple and orange. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment